Frequently Asked Questions

Where is Park Heights?
Park Heights is located off Taroona Avenue, approximately 3kms west of the city centre of Burnie. Park Heights is within easy walking distance of the education precinct of public and private schools, Helleyer colleges, the TAS university campus and the regional hospital.

What does Park Heights offer?
Park Heights is a new residential community just 5 minutes drive to Burnie central designed to offer family living at a fantastic price, with all the benefits of a thriving community.
Experience a semi-rural lifestyle – fresh country air, open spaces, green areas, neighbouring walkways and nearby golf course and beaches and the convenience of a the city centre on your doorstep.

How many lots are there?
Park Heights is part of a fully master planned community with a total land area of 25ha. This includes 236 residential sections and plans for more than 3 hectares of parkland, open space, walk ways and cycle trails.

What size are the residential sections?
Residential sections range in size from 310 m² to 700+ m².

What utilities are offered within the subdivision?
The subdivision offers all the normal services and facilities such as water, sewer system, stormwater system, reticulated gas and underground power. NBN service is available to the boundary of every lot.

What deposit is required when purchasing a lot?
$100 deposit is required upon signing the Contract of Sale.

When is final payment for a section expected?
Purchasers have 14 working days following issue of Certificate of Title to settle the balance owing on the land.

Do I need planning permit to build at Park Heights?
If you comply with the relevant standards contained in the Burnie City Council then you will NOT require a planning permit.

What are the main entry and exit points to Park Heights?
There is easy access off Moorville Road via Taroona Avenue, and a secondary roundabout at Wingrove Gardens/Paramount Court.

Can I on-sell my block?

Why are there covenants as part of the title?
The covenants are there to protect the property values of the sections, the privacy, peace and security of the residents and the quality of the environment within the community.

Are there any restrictions on the type of dwelling that may be built including construction details?
Yes. Please refer to the Land Covenants and Design Guidelines for further information.

What are the building height restrictions?
Maximum eight metres.

What are the setbacks?
Please refer to the Design Guidelines for further information.

Who owns the right of ways and access lots and who maintains them?
Right of ways are owned by the lot holders whose access onto the main body of their lot is via the right of way. The owners of the right of ways are obliged to maintain them.

Do I have to build immediately once title has become available?
House construction must commence within two years of settlement and be completed twelve months after this time. Landscaping is to be completed within three months of the dwelling receiving Certificate of Completion.

Are there any fencing requirements?
Yes. Please refer to the Land Covenants and the Design Guidelines.

Who is responsible for fencing a property?
The purchaser is responsible for the fencing. The Vendor will not be required to assist the Purchaser with fencing of the property. Under the Fencing Act your neighbour is required to pay half the cost of “good neighbor” fence.

What schools are in the Park Heights zone?
Park Heights is close to a number of schools including Burnie Primary School, Marist College, Hellyer College, The University of Tas.

What are the setbacks?
Please refer to the Design Guidelines for further information.

Can we use our own builder?
Yes, you can choose your block and use your own builder, or we can arrange a house and land package for you.

Do property owners need sign-off from Park Heights on house plans before applying for building permit?
Yes, all plans must be submitted to the Park Heights office for design approval.

Can we have a woodburner?
Yes, you may install an approved wood burner or pellet fire once you have approval from the Burnie City Council.

Am I allowed to erect a relocated home?
Generally second hand or relocated homes are not permitted on any lots at Park Heights.

What sort of sewage system is available?
A conventional reticulated gravity sewer system will be installed which complies with Council requirements and connects to the Tas Water Scheme. There will be no ongoing costs or maintenance for lot owners.

What sort of stormwater system will there be?
A conventional piped stormwater system will be implemented to cater for storm events and to provide a high level of treatment and detention, as required by the Burnie City Council.

When will lot owners receive their first rates account?
Rates will start accumulating on settlement of title. Rates are an annual charge and are set by the Burnie City Council on the information held in the rates database on 1 July of each year.

Will home owners be expected to pay any additional service fees other than normal Council rates?
Park Heights is within the Burnie City Council and normal council rates will apply. It is not anticipated that there will be any additional service fees or corporate charges for land at Park Heights

Who are the developers?
Burnie’s newest community has been designed and developed by Burnie based South Point Properties Pty Limited.

How can I purchase a block of land?
You can purchase a block of land directly through the Park Heights office.

You can register your interest in purchasing a block of land by contacting Park Heights on:

mobile: (0435) 867 055

You will then be sent an information pack about Park Heights.